Tuesday, December 30

A year in review

Well, let's see.

During the past year, I have graduated from college, WITH HONORS, I might add, got my braces off, big smile now.

I lost a dear friend and relative, and 25 pounds.

I got on full time at my current job.

I went to New Orleans for a weekend, that was great.

We remodeled our kitchen, dining room and living room, including new laminate wood floors, it looks so beautiful. We started remodeling our basement, including a tool room that will (hopefully) be big enough for all our tools. Big DIY'ers that we are, we have A LOT of tools.

I have spent the last bit of this year trying here and there to find a new job. I will not give up my current job until another comes along. We cannot make it without two paychecks. And with the economy the way it's been BUSHwacked these past couple of years, jobs are very hard to come by.

Our nation as a whole can mark 2008 as a historic year, Barack Obama takes office in just 21 days. I am actually optimistic about the country for the first time in... hell, I can't remember.

That's it. I don't think JP and I have any plans for New Year's, we were thinking of going out but money is pretty tight, and besides I've got booze at home.

Have a great New Year's, those of you who are going out and about, be safe, call a cab, all that stuff. See you next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No big plans for NYE either, just a lot of emails and texts people wanting to know what we're doing.

You had a good year. So many accomplishments. Makes me excited for 2009...for the both of us!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!