Monday, December 15

Tomorrow is the big day

The day to finish the Christmas shopping.
The day to meet the man who will be cutting into my son's throat one week from tomorrow.

Had an interesting day today, I'm sure several of you have heard of the HUGE storm that blasted us over the weekend. Well, today's HIGH temperature was a whopping -17... Seventeen degrees BELOW ZERO was the WARMEST it got today. Then the wind chill created a -40 feeling to the air. Nice. Remind me again why I live in this godforsaken wasteland???

So the kids didn't have school today, it was called off late yesterday afternoon. JP stayed home with them, he's got vacation days to burn yet, and WOW, did he have a busy day. First off he had to dig out the van, and the entire driveway was a good 3 to 5 foot drift, plus the drift that went up and over the van.

Then he decided to make supper. He made homemade chicken soup. He MADE THE NOODLES people!! It was BY FAR the BEST soup I have ever had. I am amazed at his culinary skills. He also cleaned the house, including sweeping and mopping the kitchen and dining room, even with his mad skills in the kitchen, it was the cleanest room in the house... damn I am one lucky woman.

I bowled tonight, got to see MY NAME on "the wall" and it was such a great feeling. I did pretty good tonight, certainly not wall-worthy, but I beat my average in all 3 games.
Avg:133
Game 1: 147
Game 2: 151
Game 3: 146

So now I am sitting in bed watching crap on TV, blogging, and shortly I will be going to Pogo.com and playing mindless games for as long as I want to, since I don't have to get up in the morning...while JP is beside me, SNORING wildly.

I have to make a list for the shopping tomorrow. I'm getting Alex out of classes at noon, his appointment is at 3:30, and I'd rather be done shopping before the appointment. A list will make it go faster.

And then there's Tiny Sue. Damn cat was hiding under the bed when the dogs and I came in to the bedroom tonight. It's a real pain in the ass to get her out and keep the dogs in, so as long as she doesn't MEOWWWWL in my face, I guess she can stay for the night...

1 comment:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Yaay hubbies who cook and clean!!!!