Saturday, December 20

Another weekend, another blizzard

Only on weekends apparently.
I was supposed to work pull tabs tonight, but they closed the bar due to inclement weather.

I got a call from my brother this afternoon. He has given up on having a relationship with our father. It makes my heart ache but I understand his position completely.

By not choosing between his family and his bitch, my father has made a choice. That's how Steven sees it, and I can't say I disagree.

I, however, have children, this man's grandchildren to consider. So I will make another effort to contact him and invite him to grow a pair for the sake of his grand kids.

Sometimes the holidays really suck ass.

3 comments:

EJL said...

I wish we had snow.... we have rain.

You know, I had a dad like that. Now he decides that he wants to be apart of their lives.

it's the ultimatum. I gave one and he decided to actually listen.
Then he called and asked if he was ever a good dad...and I said not really, but he had a chance for his grand kids.

He will be here Christmas Eve.

Anonymous said...

I wish we had snow, too.

It's tough when you have to start being the "PARENT" to your parents. It's sad when you have to tell THEM how to act, how to behave, and to show them what's REALLY important in life. The grandkids are the innocent ones who end up getting the crappy end of the stick.

Mr. Wonderful is on call Christmas Eve and Christmas Day therefore if he gets called in I will be spending Christmas by myself. Enjoy your family.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Unknown said...

I was lucky to have a wonderful father, but we're going on our eighth year without him. Families can be tough, though. I learned somewhere along the way that you can't change your parents. Sometimes you just have to accept them. I know, not much help.

Have a happy holiday.