Wednesday, December 24

Before it gets too nuts around here

I'm just popping in to wish y'all a Merry Christmas, before things get wild around here.

I'm using Pot Of Gold chocolates to get the kids to help me with my big list of things to be done before this weekend, and that seems to be going well, they're being pretty good about it.

I made a huge pot of chili this morning, it will be eaten for the next 2 days, easy to reheat and everyone loves it.

Alex is recovering from his tonsillectomy, he's sore, and he has a notepad and pen instead of talking, hurts too much. He is in hopes of being able to eat crackers soaked in chili juice for dinner tonight...

The kids are trying to talk us into opening presents tonight instead of tomorrow morning. We ALWAYS open presents on Christmas morning. NEVER on Christmas Eve. I think JP's family was always Eve, but my family was always Morning. Therefor MY family will be morning.
It just makes sense, Santa doesn't come until the middle of the night, why would you open presents BEFORE he comes???

Now, I know SOME people think that's okay, but it's just not right.

But here's the deal: I'm starting to waver on that issue. One big reason why... sleep. If we make them wait til Christmas Morning, they are up before the ass crack of dawn, waking us up. And we have to be up late, waiting for them to go to sleep so we can... meet the fat bastard and get things... set up.
If they get to open the majority of things on Eve, then they sleep in on Morning, right?

I don't know what we'll do...still debating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there is something special about opening gifts on Christmas morning BUT I can see your point on sleeping. I never thought about my mom having to get up with us then she didn't get a nap later in the afternoon like us kids did.

The only thing I was ever allowed to open on Christmas Eve was the chocolate covered cherries my grandmother always gave us with $10. It pacified us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!