Saturday, December 27

It was a WICKED Christmas

Steve and Mark were here for our Christmas, it was really nice.

The best gift? In January, Steve, Mark, Mom and I are flying to Chicago basically for a day and a half... to see WICKED!!

Don't know what this is? Google it!
I am really excited about it.

Emma got her Twilight books, so she's quietly happy, Eric got the Indiana Jones Lego set that he's been pining for ever since he saw the Crystal Skull movie... he knew there'd be a Lego set to go with it. Alex got the fat Buddha that he wanted. JP got (what I consider to be the perfect gift for him) a Menard's gift card. Now he can finish the tool room, get some shelving and peg board in there!

That's about it for now, I slept like shit last night, anticipation of everything that had to be done today before the guys arrived (and knowing that I would have to be at work, NOT here being in charge... killin' me!!) kept me up and kept waking me up.

I gave Steven another 5 pages or so of the book, whatever I had written since I sent him the first "installment"... It's still not done, but OH SO CLOSE... Next weekend I work at the bar, and will try to finish it then. Still feeling rather uneasy about it... giving it to him, that is. He said he's about half finished reading it... oh, okay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he make any comments on the book? Or is he waiting until it's finished?

I SERIOUSLY considered taking Mr. Wonderful to see Wicked in Chicago. He would have enjoyed it. It was playing in NYC, too. Maybe it will come to our little performing arts center someday. CHI TOWN!!! You'll love it!! I hope you have some $$ stashed for a hotel. That was the worse part. $200 a night for a 12 x 12 ROOM with a tiny shower and pedestal sink.

Nikky said...

That's the beauty of this Christmas gift, Amanda... it's ALL on Steven. Flight, hotel, the works! I will be taking money along, because I do so love to shop, but the 'necessities' are taken care of!!

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!! That will have to top your best Christmas gifts of all time, right?

Steff said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas friend!