Wednesday, December 17

Waxing and Surviving

I had a new experience today. I decided (rather last minute) to chop my hair off, and while I was in there, I GOT WAXED... eyebrows and upper lip. Never done that before. Hurt a little, eyes watered for a minute, but it wasn't too bad. And now I don't have to worry about it for quite some time now, so that's a perk. Makes me curious about the pain factor in waxing my legs... I hate shaving.

I got an inverted bob, so my hair is longer on the sides than in the back. It's cute, and it's easy to deal with. Both are big requirements for me.

I FINISHED the Christmas shopping today, even got the stocking stuffers done, divided out and in bags ready to be dumped into the stockings. The only thing left to wrap is Eric's birthday present... his 11th birthday is Monday, the 22nd. I don't have any birthday wrapping paper, otherwise I'd be done. I even got a nap in today... it was a great day off. As was yesterday, although yesterday was bigger in the running around and rushing to do stuff.

I went online tonight and printed out the application for Survivor. I don't know if I'll actually send it, but it's fun to answer the goofy questions they have. I just think it would be such an adventure, and honestly, I think I'd be GOOD at it. Manipulation and pretending to give a shit? Hell, I do that every single day, people!!
Besides, if I won (or even if I came in 2nd!) I could probably afford to quit my job, which would make living in filth and dealing with annoying people and almost starving TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Think of this, too (I did): I could lose weight, and quit smoking, too!
So after filling out the 17 page application, I have to make a (max 3 minute) video... and send it in by January 14th.

I have to go to work tomorrow... dammit. But at least it's only a half day. Then I work (ugh!) ALL DAY on Friday and I have to work Saturday morning, too! Oh, poor me, right?
I just want a job that I LOVE. I want a job that I LOVE going to, that I LOVE doing... EVERY day. Doesn't everyone want that? Yes... And how many of them actually HAVE that? Yeah, I know, very few.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not watch Survivor but if you get on that show I PROMISE to watch every single episode. I will cheer you on with every bug or grub you have to eat!!

Your hair sounds cute--

Unknown said...

Just wanting to be on survivor should be worth something! I agree, your hair sounds cute. The hardest, most grueling job I ever had was the one I loved the most. Weird, Huh?

Steff said...

I thought you might have gotten brave and waxed further south! Hahaha.

I am going to be crossing my fingers that you win a spot on Survivor! God I hope you said that about manipulating and pretending to give a shit in your application somewhere. That was funny bone ticklin'. And just what I needed on a day like today. :p