Sunday, December 16

Vegtable Day

JP just called, he and Emma are on their way home, it's a 4 hour drive.
Emma's team made it all the way to the Championship game!!
They got a nice big trophy for 2nd place, and she sounds really happy.

It's a nice change, for those girls to be winning as much, if not more, than they lose. These last 3 years, it was all losing, and now they're getting a taste for how it feels to win. Even getting 2nd place in that tourney makes her pretty much over the moon happy.

I like it when my kids are happy.

I am trying to get things done around here, the living room is half done, I got my scrapbooking and school desk sorted through and packed up, it's a big living room, but I need to make room for the whole holiday stuff in there. So my table will leave for awhile.

Tomorrow when the kids go to school, I will bring out all the gifts that have been hiding in my room, and get them all wrapped. I just don't seem to have the ambition today to do much of anything, but I really should.

No, ya know what? I deserve today. The rest of my time off is going to be filled with work, and working at the school, and getting ready for Christmas celebrations, so today... today is MY VEGETABLE DAY!! I am going to be a veggie today!
I'm wearing my pajama pants all day, and my soft sockies, and a ratty sweatshirt that I got out of JP's side of the closet, and I don't think I'm going to do much of anything. I think I have earned a vegetable day... maybe I'll even go steam some broccoli...be a cannibal!

I did do one thing "productive" today! I counted my silver change jar. It's not quite half full, and there's $195 in there. Yeah, that'll do, that makes me happy. I still don't know what I'm going to do with it, but someday, I'll figure it out, and it'll be there. That's nice.

Holy crap, how dull is my life? Don't care... compared to a year ago, when my life was nothing near dull, this is great. I'll take dull and settled ANY DAY.

1 comment:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Sockies - love it! Glad you had a good lazy day. And don't feel lame - I do that all the time!