Tuesday, December 11

Bowling last night

Well, I've hit a bit of a slump with my bowling. Yes, my first game was great, 129, but after that, it all went to hell. 110 & 102. Pretty rough night.

Today is my last full day of classes, tomorrow we have just the morning classes, then we are having a "party", complete with pizza delivered and Guitar Hero. One of the guys is bringing in his Playstation, and we are borrowing a TV from the AV geeks. Feels like the last day of high school, but it's better than prepping for a final exam!

Then next week, I will be in the school during finals week, being teaching assistant to 3 teachers, helping them get everything wrapped up for the semester. I should be able to get quite a few hours in, too, so that's a nice check coming right before Christmas.

I went into the bookstore yesterday to pick up my work study check from last week, and while there, Donna, the bookstore lady asked me if I'd work for her the week before classes start up again in January. That week is just nuts for her, everyone's financial aid comes through then, and they all come in to get their books for the next semester. I told her I would, that's another big haul of hours to add to my work study check! She said it would be great if I could be there from 8am to 2 pm Monday through Friday that week. Plus I work at the bank at 3 or so every day, that's going to be a nice chunk of change! Plus, it's nice that Donna went to Bonnie, head of the work study people and requested me, asked Bonnie to look into my schedule, see if I COULD work that many hours, if it were possible... Donna is a real nice lady, too.

That's all for now, maybe I'll post later today about my weekend, plus there's Macro tonight, LAST CLASS BABY!! He has told us that we can throw out our lowest test score, so when I do that, I end up with an A in Macroeconomics!! How the hell did that happen?? I'm very pleased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A---good for you!!!

Can I come work with you? I need some "chunks of change" in my bank account--

Steff said...

Money...always a good thing to get. Especially after the holidays! Glad you are going to get that A you wanted. :)