Tuesday, December 18

getting it done

Well, I had a productive day!
I went in to school for a few hours, helped Michele clean out her office, then I came home and tended to Eric, who was "sick" at home. Then I ran out and got little gifts for each of the girls at work plus the gifts that Emma and Eric need to take to school for their parties.

Came home and wrapped all that, AND wrapped the gifts for kids that I don't know. There's a tree in the lobby of the bank, with paper ornaments with kids' names written on them. These kids are less fortunate, and each paper had the kid's sizes, age, and a few "wish" items listed. I took the ones I could find that were closest to my own kids' ages and sexes, too. Then we went and picked out presents for these kids. My children need to learn how fortunate they are, and they need to learn to care about other people. Of all my kids, I think Emma really "got" it the most. She was very concerned with getting this girl (think her name is Katherine, Katrina, something like that) the JUST RIGHT gifts... my Em is such a tenderheart.

I brought these gifts, along with the gifts for the girls into work, and after work we had a department meeting. That lasted until 7... long afternoon, but it was an additional hour and a half of pay, so I didn't mind too much.

I came home and yelled at the kids, mainly Alex, for being slackass little buggers who don't do their chores. JP called, and I had to tell him I'd call him back, I was in the middle of an ass-chewing!

Then Mom and I ran out to Walmart and picked up a few things, I got the kids even with their gifts, everyone has the same number of gifts to open. I also grabbed a couple of stuffers. I want to get some more, came up with the bright idea of stuffing their stockings with socks... socks in their socks! And I'm going to get them each a watch, too. No more of this "I didn't know what time it was" when they come home late!

Now I should be going to bed, but I have a ton of emails to deal with and online banking to do. Mom and I are going to run to Fargo tomorrow, finish everything up.

Steven and Mark are coming up on Friday, and Elphie will be gone on Sunday morning. I cannot wait for that! I love puppies and all, but holy crap, she's alot of work, needs to pee all the time and it is COLD outside. She's really doing well with the housebreaking though.

That's it, I have to get to those emails and crap... Goodnight all!

No comments: