Saturday, April 22

Unlimited talk time

I am married to the smartest man ever. He got his computer set up with a satellite dish, so he has internet in the privacy of his room, then he downloads a thing so we can use the 'net as a phone, without the charges! He and I got to talk for almost 40 minutes today. It was so nice, just to have the time to have a decent talk, not feel rushed, not worry about forgetting to ask him something, just hearing his voice.

I had told him to read the blog, to get caught up on what was going on with work, or lack of, and my decision to go back to school. I admit, I wasn't looking forward to actually telling him, so I really pushed for him to read it instead. I don't know why I was worried about it. I hope he knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't have left if we needed the money really badly. I don't just quit jobs willy-nilly, but this had to be done. I asked him how he felt about it, and he said that since I do the money, and I say we'll be ok, then he's fine with it.

I hope he knows how much I love him, how important it is to me that he is ok with what I'm doing. I like to pretend that I wear the pants in this family, and yes, I usually do get my way, but if I thought he was disappointed in me, it would just kill me. I want him to be proud of me.

No comments: