Thursday, April 20

One door closes, another opens

I walked out today. When I got to work and got my check, I discovered that Ken had "forgotten" my vacation pay once again. This is the 3rd check since the trip, he's just an ass. So I clocked in, and called him at home. "Just had a quick question for you, I was wondering why my vacation pay wasn't on this check either ?" He came up with some excuse about 'You didn't request it'...OH MY GOD!! I didn't "request" it last year when JP and I went to Mexico. But there it was. Gina spoke to him about it last week, and his answer was in the plural (you guys should have reminded me, I'll get them on the next checks). Funny thing is, Gina got hers on this check. I have no problem believing that he had forgotten it, but since I turned in my 2 weeks' notice on the 14th, and the end of the pay period is the 15th, I'm guessing he made a conscience decision to give Gina hers, and since I'm leaving anyway, I don't get mine. So I get off the phone after listening to his lies, clocked out, hugged Culleen and tossed my keys on the counter and walked out.

I came home and got out of that awful uniform for the last time, and Mom and I ran some errands. The most important one was the college visit. There's a Tech College here in D.L., they offer an Accounting program. I am going to start in the summer, take just 2 classes or so, get a feel for it, it has been 15 years since I went to school! I'm a little scared, but I had to get out of there. I'm excited about this, and I just hope JP can be supportive. I know it's going to be quite a shock to him, he didn't even know I had turned in my notice. We haven't had the chance to talk much in the last 2 weeks.

I mailed off another package to him today. I hope he gets the first one I sent soon. Hell, maybe he's gotten it already, and just hasn't been able to call and let me know. I also picked up a few little things to put in the next box for him. The one I mailed today was mostly munchies, this next one is pretty much toys, things to keep his occupied, and hopefully, laughing.

I have to do a lot of checking tomorrow, I have to find my options for financial aid. I know there's a program through the military, just for spouses, and I will be taking full advantage of that. Being unemployed, with my husband deployed, 3 kids, I should be able to get some help. I just want something better for my life.

No comments: