Sunday, April 23

I am a plumber

Well, no, but I can DO plumbing stuff! I don't think I could be a real plumber, my pants don't hang low showing my crack. The spray hose at the kitchen sink has been driving me nuts for quite some time. Today I decided to do something about it. I bought a replacement and crawled under there, took out the old one, and installed the new one. I even used teflon tape and checked for leaks. I like doing things like that. When JP is home, he just does it, and I do like that, just having things done, but this way, there is a better feeling of accomplishment. I CAN do things around here!

This morning we went to a fund raising breakfast at the American Legion. It was raising money for the FRG Emergency Fund. That's the money given to any soldier who needs to come home for emergency reasons. While there I met Diane K. The FRG leader here in D.L. I had emailed her Friday about the financial aid for my education. We stood and talked for about 15 minutes, I passed the info on to her about Skype, and told her about the satellite dish that JP and his guys had gotten. She said she would talk to her son, Justin about it. They were also selling shirts and car magnets. I got one of those yellow ribbon ones and it says "Keep My Husband Safe" on it. The T shirt I got is blue, and has their Rex Montis Bearcat shield on the back. I guess the main reason I got them was because I knew the money would go straight to the FRG. I have seen the magnets sold pretty much everywhere, but I don't feel like giving Walmart my money for something like that.

I have to get started on my financial aid applications tomorrow, and find out when the summer session starts, and what classes are offered. It feels very sudden, but I know once I get into it, I will be fine. Plus, it's like walking out of McDonald's... If I don't do it NOW, I may never. Some decisions are better off spur of the moment, for me at least.

I did some refiguring on the budget tonight. I may end up shuffling everything around. It's very lopsided with what's due and when. I'm pretty sure I can put a minimum of $400 per month into a savings account. Of course, I haven't figured in any money needed for school either. I hate when things are up in the air, but for now, it's going to have to be, and when it's all settled and squared away, things will be fine.

Time for bed, I may not have a job to get up for, but I do still have to get the kids up for school tomorrow.

No comments: