Sunday, April 16

Moving on

I finally decided that it's time to move on. I have worked at McDonald's for 3 years and 7 months. It was supposed to be a paycheck until I found a real job. I had stopped looking. That was my first mistake. When I decided to leave, a few months ago, I had convinced myself that I could last a little longer. I was thinking of waiting until the kids were done with school. But I've done the math, and turns out, I don't have to wait. Even if JP's pay wasn't about to jump with all the extras of being in a war zone, we have enough to cover all the bills with just his checks. I told Ken on Friday, that my last day would be Friday, April 28th. I simply cannot wait to get up on Monday the 1st of May, and NOT go there.

I am looking for another job, I turned in an application for the part time licensing clerk for the DMV at Becker County. I will continue to look, and apply only for jobs that will work for me. In the fall, I do believe I will be going back to school for Accounting. With some sort of degree, finding the right job should be a little easier.

Mom and I got so much done this weekend. I had mentioned wanting some shelves put up in the hidden living room closet, and she had heard me whine about my pantry not being a very efficient use of the space. We completely gutted it, painted it, to lighten it up in there, and cut new shelves, bigger ones. I cannot believe the space we have in there now. Mom is very fond of JP's power tools. It was nice having two drivers, one for drilling a pilot hole, and one for screwing. She also seemed to have a good time with the table saw. I know the kids appreciated her using the air compressor, they had flat or low tires on their bikes, and it was a beautiful weekend for riding. We put Grandpa's shelves up in the living room, along the longest wall. They fit there as if he had built them for the space. In order to make it look right, we had to completely rearrange the living room though, but it looks so nice now. I filled the shelves with some of my favorite things, and it makes the room so much better. She also gave Eric and Emma shelves in their bedrooms, something they both needed. Eric and Alex also got curtains hung in their windows.

We also took the dogs for walks. Comet is doing so well, I even took Hailey and Comet together tonight. They walked side by side, with Comet closest to me, Hailey on the outside. They both did very well.

I heard from JP tonight, on the computer. It had been a week since we talked last. He doesn't know about my 2 week's notice. We didn't get to chat very long. He told me that he has gotten something set up to get internet in his room, which is nice, he won't have to go to the computer lab when we want to chat, and adds a bit of privacy for any webcam "dates" we may have a chance at! He says it should be up and running in the next few days.

I do have to get to bed, I have a short day at work tomorrow, 6-11 am, since the kids don't have school. Only 10 days left, then I'm free.

No comments: