Tuesday, April 18

Not today

I didn't go to work today, I am sick. Emma stayed home, too. She and I have the same cough, and raw sore throat, and sneezing and runny nose. Wow, the works! I will go in tomorrow though, I don't want my final check to be a weenie one. I slept until shortly after 11 this morning, it was pretty nice.

I spent my afternoon yesterday, after working until 11 am, working on sorting through my scrapbooking area. I haven't touched it since I started working at McDonald's. So I'm a little over 3&1/2 years behind. I didn't realize till I started going through the stuff just how smart I was. When I realized that I would stop being a Consultant for CM, I spent my last bit of money buying their more expensive things, just to have on hand, things I knew I would eventually use. I have 5 albums, for example, and at $36 each, that's a nice bit to have socked away. As soon as I have everything gone through, I can start working on them again.

The Girl Scout Cookies arrived late last week, and I'm getting a package ready to send to JP. This package will be all about the munchies. I have decided to part with one of my 12 boxes of Thin Mints to send to him. He really loves them, too. Maybe I will set aside a few more boxes, and send him some every couple of weeks.

It's only a little after 7 pm, and I'm heading up to bed shortly here. Even with sleeping so late today, I'm just beat. I've started taking those Echinacia tablets, supposed to help get over a cold faster. I hope so, I just feel awful.

Things have been better with mom here, I don't have time to sit and wallow. She has been good for me, but I worry that taking care of us has taken all of her time. Yes, she is applying for jobs here and there, but I worry that she isn't giving it the attention it deserves because she's busy helping my family. But she has had some interest in her house, hopefully it will sell soon, that would just be a blessing. I worry about her, I just want everything to work out for her.

No comments: