Sunday, April 9

Done and done

The auction is over. She doesn't have to go back there. I haven't been to a whole lot of auctions, so I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping she would have made more money than that. She says it's ok, she has enough to cover her April bills.

JP is over there now. I got an email from him with his new mailing address. It's a good thing, too. I just got his birthday present in the mail yesterday. I download my pictures from the digital camera to the Kodak Gallery website, then I can order prints. They also have a feature where I can make calendars with my photos. And the calendars don't have to run January through December. So I made a calendar for JP with pictures of us, the kids, the dogs, everything he misses. I made it run from May of 06 to April of 07. I will be mailing that out tomorrow.

I found out that my jaw surgery will not happen until next summer, they need my braces to be almost done moving my teeth before they move my jaw. As it turns out, it's a good thing, too. The insurance we are on now, through the military will not cover it. Next summer, when JP is back, and we are back with the City's insurance company, they will cover it.

Mom and I are working on getting her settled in, still have alot to do. Her computer and TV need to be hooked up yet, and she still have stuff in the porch, but she's getting there, and soon, when she is all moved in, we are going to start on a few projects around here for me. We want to redo some shelving in the pantry and the hidden closet in the living room, make better use of the spaces.

Tomorrow I am applying for a job. It's for Becker County, it's in the DMV office. It's only 24 hours per week, but I like that, and the starting pay is at least $2.50 more than I'm making at McDonald's. I've got to try, got to do something. I can't stay there much longer without wigging out and end up swearing at a customer and walking out. I'm just so sick of it. Just burned out, I guess.

I wish JP would call. I miss the sound of his voice. I miss the feel of his arms around me, but a phone call can't fix that, so I will settle for his voice. I hate the fact that when we do talk, he can't say much. Operations Security prohibits him from giving any details of pretty much everything. I haven't talked to him since last weekend.

No comments: