Friday, April 24

Eight is enough

Comet was acting 'weird' this morning. Bloodshot eyes, droopy tail, ears cocked different. Not as springy and silly and wiggly as usual.

Hmmm... could she be telling us that she's going into labor?

Yes!

Her water broke (I didn't realize that dogs' water breaks, just like humans!) about 10:40... Jack was born at 11. Then the wait began... Jack had alot of 'mommy and me' time. Chloe and Daphne came along about 11:50... followed quickly by Ted, who was enormous. No kidding, Ted's a moose. Then came Bill. Followed by Thelma and Louise. Finally Thomas showed up around 2 in the afternoon.

This was my first time seeing puppies being born, and as Jack came spewing into the world, in all the mucus and slimy glory of birth, I got tears in my eyes. I was so proud of Comet, she knew exactly what to do, and she is just the most wonderful attentive Mommy.

So, now, of the 8, I have homes for 2 of the girls, and one of the boys, which leaves me with 2 females and 3 males that need homes... I'm going to make up fliers to put up at a few places, pet food store, kennel, Mom's bar and probably one for the lunch room at my bank.

Anyway, now I am exhausted and I am NOT cooking dinner. Taking a nap!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Comet!

Great names, Nikky. Please post pictures when you can! It will make me want more pups in the house, but Matt will talk me down :)

Scott from Oregon said...

Yes! Puppy pics!!