Wednesday, April 1

Any ideas?

I'm trying. Really I am. Trying to get our financial house in order. But then things happen. Flooded basement. Braces for 2/3 of my offspring. Hours cut at work.

It's hard to get ahead when just making it under normal circumstances is the norm. Throw a curve ball at us and I don't know how long we can keep our heads above water.

I have a full time job. And I have a part time job. I work every other weekend. That little bit only gets me about $80 per weekend, not counting tips. Hardly seems worth it. I considered asking for more hours with the part time job, but the other people who work don't really want to give up their hours either. All the slots are full...

JP has a full time job. And he has a part time job. One weekend a month (my ass) and 2 weeks in the summer. His weekends pay much better than mine. Well, his full time job pays about 3 times as much as my full time job, too, so that seems reasonable.

I just want to do more. But I don't know what else I can do. I need something that pays me but doesn't take me away from home any more than I already am. I need something that pays me but doesn't take up too much time, since I don't have a ton of free time to spare.

That kind of job doesn't exist, does it? Oh, and I should say that I'd prefer a job that's LEGAL... that really narrows it down, huh? LOL

Man, this economy really blows.
*sigh*

2 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Jusrt imagine how much money you'd have every month if you weren't paying interest on your debt.

I would sell everything you have of value and pay off your debt, then buy back everything you need off of people who need to sell everything they have...

Just getting rid of the interest payments will allow you to have money to buy nice stuff again. Just don't do it until you save the cash next time...

Anonymous said...

What about working PRN (as needed) at the hospital? I don't mean nursing, there are tons of places you could work. Hospitals are SO flexible with people's shifts, typically.

Are you still cutting back on the ciggs? I heard the new taxes were CRAZY. $10 a pack in NYC? WOW!