Saturday, February 7

Rental reviews

The boys talked me into taking them to the video store, renting a bunch of movies. I have spent the afternoon watching 4 mind-numbing films which I will now review for you.

1. Ghost Town... this one was actually pretty funny. It's got Greg Kinnear and Tea Leoni, and it's got some really funny stuff, and it's sweet, too. Worth the rent, but not the buy.

2. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist... It's got the kid from Juno and Superbad, he's adorable in an uncomfortable awkward teenage boy way, and it's funny, although predictable. Another one worth the rental price, but I'd recommend renting THEN deciding if you want to own it... some people will think it's worth the buy to watch it again and again, the running gag with the chewing gum alone is worth the price to rent.

3. Run Fatboy Run... The guy from Shawn of the Dead... predictable, but amusing parts. If I had known, I probably would have passed on this one, and will definitely not be spending the money to own this one.

4. The Rocker... the guy... Raine (last name?) from TV's "The Office"... plays a washed up 80's hairband drummer who gets a second chance. I liked it just because of Dwight Schrute... but I won't be buying this one either. Worth the rent though, funny... especially if you're an 80's hairband fan, such as myself.

So my Saturday was a total vegetable afternoon. Tomorrow I will be building Emma's bed, I finally brought it in from the van, it's been in there for 2 weeks, since I got it at IKEA before we went to Chicago!

I also have to work pull tabs tomorrow, and JP will be home from Guards tomorrow afternoon, too. Seems like I always run out of time on weekends to get everything done. Of course, if I hadn't wasted an entire afternoon watching movies, maybe I'd be better off...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I recently watched 30 days of night, and thought it sucked big time. It had a few, very few original touches, but basically sucked.

Then I watched No Country for Old Men, and wished it had been longer. It really leaves you wanting to know what happens next....

Nikky said...

I thought the ending for No Country really sucked ass... it just sort of ended, without a wrap up of stuff... pretty gory movie that I was really interested in, then the ending just pissed me off!

The kids love 30 days of night, and I watched it once... no need to waste any more of my life seeing it again!

Melissa said...

Just watched Ghost Town today! It was enjoyable but felt like it ran long.

Anonymous said...

Glad for the review...I've not even heard of Ghost Town but I think Greg Kinnear is HOT HOT HOT stuff.