Friday, February 6

A newborn at MY age???

So on FB, I'm finding people I went to school with, and one of them, a real great girl from back in HS, just had a baby this week. Very happy for her, but holy crap it got me to thinking.

Between Jenn and that nutjob with the 8 babies (ok, 14 actually)... babies have been on my mind the last couple of days.

Not to worry, I DO NOT WANT ONE... quite the contrary... all these baby things have gotten me thinking, THANKFUL that I got mine over with at such a young age. I had my first one when I was 21... barely 21. Emma was born when I was 24 (again, barely), and Eric came along shortly after I turned 25.

I will be 42...43 when my house is child-free!! Of course, I know, sometimes they come back. But still, 42!! People, I am 36 now!

I cannot imagine ME having a newborn baby NOW... holy shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I can't imagine being with a kid ever, but I know several other people who had children early in life so by the time they are in their 40s they have the time of their life with all the kids gone to school and jobs! 42 is a little too "high risk" in my opinion, scary stuff.