Friday, May 16

Under Pressure

Some people work well under pressure. Some people fall apart. I am a pressure player. I do a quick spazz, then I'm fine and I can buckle down and "get 'r done"

Today, we had graduation rehearsal at 11 am, then a bunch of us girls went out to lunch... AT A BAR, of course. One mushroom & Swiss burger and 2 UV Lemonades later, and I am home, it's 20 minutes to 2, and I have an entire house to clean, and I need to shower and gather my stuff, and I'd like to finish "the big list" that I made up Sunday night. It's almost done, I'm amazed at how much I got done this week... but it is NOT done.

And here I sit, blogging. And yet, when people start arriving here, beginning with my kids home from school at 3:30/4, next my hubby at 4:30 and my mom shortly after, my dad and his bitch, as well (not sure when to expect them) and my brother and his hubby around 5:30, WHEN they all get here, my house will be clean... know how I know?

Because I work well under pressure. As soon as I am done with this blog post, I will do my spazz, get it over with and then suck it up and get to work. And if I don't? If I don't get EVERYTHING done, as I had hoped earlier in the week, like having all the trim work done on the remodel... Who the hell cares? It's my house, and quite frankly, this is MY day, and if someone (cough*Steven*cough) doesn't like it or doesn't think it's good enough, then he can just go back down to Minneapolis to his plastic little world and leave me the hell alone!

I'm having a great day, gang!
Pictures within the next few days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right dammit!!