Wednesday, May 14

Good news and bad

The good news is that I can now walk in to my garage... that's what the two pictures below are showing... a winter's worth of "needs to go to the dump" and a couple of weeks worth of remodeling demolition debris.

My living room furniture was also stored in there, while the new flooring was going in... and now that I can GET TO IT, I can spend tomorrow putting it back in the room.

It took four trips to the dump... one for carpet and pad, one for wood products, old ugly trim, etc, a third trip for metal, the baseboard heating crap that we replaced, and a fourth for "miscellaneous" crap, including 2 mattresses, (one twin and one queen) and a broken TV AND a storm door that has never been installed in my (on my?) home because it was not the right size... the father-in-law brought it up only to find that it was TOO BIG and it got 'set aside' and I was tired of seeing it and knowing it was WRONG...

I also cleaned up broken glass today, 3 of our front windows had broken panes and needed to be cleaned up so the frames can be taken to the glass place for replacement.

I then had to quit on my big list, and go to work... what a boring night, very very slow... a Wednesday and not a usual payday (the 1st, 15th or last day of the month are usually pretty busy, along with Fridays)

When I got home from work, lo and behold, my kids had done chores, their rooms were either clean, or well on their way to clean, and supper of yummy ham, baked potatoes and corn were being put on the table... Thanks Mom!

I went out after dinner to pick up a few things, took Eric with me... the conversation between he and I is a whole 'nother post, coming soon. I stopped and got my hair cut... fixed. The last haircut did not make me happy, so this is better. It's still a bob, but a better cut than the girl who did it last time.

Now for the bad. My dearest friend, Gina sent me a text tonight, saying she might not be able to make it to my graduation, she's at the hospital being with her grandfather as he passes away. I'm so sad for her, she loves him so much, and they are very close. I know she can find strength to get through this difficult time, but I wish she didn't have to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your BFF might not come to your graduation. I'm sure she is torn.

I hate bad hair cuts, they always make me feel like crap.