Monday, May 26

It's a sad day

I got some really bad news today.
My favorite cousin, Don and his wife Peggy are the fun ones we hang out with when we go down to my hometown for holidays. Their two boys, Devon and Sam are my kids' ages, and when we come to town, we get a hotel room and the hotel has a pool. After the family get-together, Don and Peggy bring the boys and some beverages, and we throw all 5 kids in the pool and the four of us sit there poolside and talk and laugh all evening. The kids play great together and turn in to prunes, and the four of us, being the only 2 couples with kids this age in my extended family, we get along so well, we understand what it's like to have kids like ours, because the other couple, their kids are JUST LIKE OURS.

Last night Peggy had a massive heart attack and she died.

At Christmas time, we were talking about them coming up here this summer, getting a hotel room and hanging with us for a weekend...

Peggy is such a nice woman, a great mom, and she and Donnie are such a wonderful couple. I just feel so bad for Donnie, and those boys, Devon is 13, and Sam is only 11... too young to lose their mom.

I will be leaving for the funeral as soon as I hear when it is, I am assuming Wednesday or Thursday, so I will be decidedly OUT for a while.

Now go hug someone that you'd miss if they were gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sudden death is so sad and traumatic. I hope the family is doing okay, it will take them..well, they will never get over it. Thoughts to them and you.

Scott from Oregon said...

I am sorry to hear about this. Sorry for her kids and her husband. Sorry for all that know her and will feel her loss...