Saturday, May 24

have enough sense to come in out of the rain?

It's raining, and I literally JUST went outside and hollered this at my kids... such a cliche.

Last night I took Eric (age 10) across town to pick up his girlfriend and took them to the movies. My BABY'S first date. I would have been sad, but it was just SO CUTE!! He was such a little gentleman! He went to the door and spoke to Savanna's mom, and opened doors for her and bought everything, including the sour gummi worms at the concession stand that she wanted. She was wearing a cute little dress and she looked very nervous, almost as nervous as Eric!

I sat in the theater alone, about 10 rows behind them, and met them at the van afterwards (I was about 20 paces behind them, always had them in sight! Even in our small town, bad people are a concern... I wasn't watching them worried about kissing, or anything like that, it was more... making sure 2 small kids walking alone weren't bothered by creepies, ya know?)

We saw the new Indiana Jones movie. It was good, not good like the old Indie, but the new Indie was good, too. It had some good laughs, some pretty good special effects and thrills, and some surprising twists to it.

So I'm sitting here working on my 3rd drink...UV Blue & lemonade... why the hell not, right? This whole working full time gig is taking some getting used to. I mean, I did it before, I have almost always worked full time, other than a couple years here and there between giving birth and moving and being pregnant, I've pretty much always worked. But I sure got used to going to school full time and working part time.
I come home from work each day just exhausted. There's laundry to do, and supper to make and with the remodeling being half done, waiting on money to finish, it's just a mess.

It's nice to have a long weekend, so ENJOY IT!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bat & I went to see Indiana today. It was good, but you are right, not like the old ones. Something was just missing...oh yea!! It's SEAN CONNERY!! lol It just wasn't the same, but the special effects were AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time off. Sounds like you need it.

Steff said...

You know sometimes I still wish my mom would walk 20 paces behind on my dates.

I love the picture below...too funny! Enjoy your weekend. :)