Wednesday, July 29

Selling myself

Today at work, I told a local business owner that he needed a bookkeeper. Seriously, his deposits are a mess, and he can't keep all his employees' paychecks straight... and then I proceeded to tell him that he not only needed a bookkeeper, he needs ME!

He took my number, and I expect to hear from him soon.
He said that he didn't want to advertise in the paper, he'd get all sorts of losers who aren't qualified applying and just wasting his time... to which I said "I have a degree in accounting"

He leaned in and said "really?"
We discussed dress codes (there isn't one, I can wear jeans and tennis shoes!!! woohoo! that right there makes it worth it) and hours... thinking it would be 3 days a week. After he left, my dearest friend at work told me that he's a really great guy, and he treats his employees VERY well. If/when he calls, I will have to let him know that I have financial requirements for a paycheck... and if he can meet them then I will put in my notice the next day. I don't have any benefits from my current employer (they're available, I just don't partake... we get our bene's through JP's job) so that's not even an issue.

Time for bed, I have to get up for an early meeting at work tomorrow... stupid meeting, but it's an extra half hour of paid time to sit and listen to bankers talk... lord they do love to hear themselves talk...

No comments: