Saturday, July 11

Being responsible sucks

I worked pull tabs last night, picked up a shift to cover someone who's sick.
It is my weekend to work, so I am scheduled to work tonight and tomorrow night, too. Nicer paycheck, so whatever.

Today my friend Gina and her boyfriend are going tubing down the river. Gina tried her damnedest to get me to call in *cough*sick and go with her.

JP is doing a major housecleaning today because he's invited his little friends over tonight for some stupid Ultimate Fighting thing on Pay Per View. He asked me to make my famous BBQs to feed them. So I'm supposed to help him clean, fix the BBQs, put them in the crockpot to cook all afternoon, then GO TO WORK... and NOT get any of my own damn yummy supper.

Gina's offer was really good... tubing, sunshine, booze... I even said yes for a few minutes. Then I got to thinking about having to call Carol to tell her that I'm *cough*sick, and I got to thinking about everything wonderful that JP does for me, and about how I was bailing on helping him. I felt like shit. So instead of calling Carol, I called Gina back.

I did drive them out there though. Drunk driving after tubing is a bad thing... we always got rides, or had a sober tuber with us.

But now I am back home, finishing up what I can do to help JP, then I have to shower and get ready for work, and all I can think about it Gina and Mike floating down the river enjoying a beautiful summer day.

When do I get to enjoy it? Huh?
Fuck, being a responsible adult really blows.

No comments: