Saturday, July 18

the old and the restless

ok, so I'm bored, husband is gone, nothing good on TV, I'm too bored to go to bed early.
You know what I want to do? Write. Haven't done that in quite awhile. I "finished" the book back in January.

I don't feel like revisiting it, working on rewrites or revisions.

I just don't know that I have it in me to start a new project. and honestly, I think I would feel like a fake.a.a.a.... a hypocrite if I DID start something new without having done anything with what I already have.

I'm just feeling antsy and uneasy... and in the past, when I felt like that, I would write... well, not always exactly WRITE, as in words, sometimes I would pick up a pen and write out a budget, work with numbers, sometimes all it took to relax me was to put everything on an Excel spreadsheet. Sometimes I make lists of projects I want to do, remodeling, things around the house. Sometimes I can make a shopping list... or even a shopping wish list.

but none of that sounds appealing right now. Tiny Sue is is hanging out with me, but she's really no help. She's sweet, and cuddly, but that's about it.

I also want to reread the Harry Potter book The Half Blood Prince... it's been ages since I read it, and after just seeing the movie, I want to see how it compares.

But after all this venting, I will probably just end up finishing my bored-seen-it-a-million-times movie marathon and falling asleep. I've been flipping channels since I got home from work at noon.
So far today, I've seen:
10 things I hate about you
Carrie
She's all that
(incidentally, all three of these movies contain Prom scenes... weird, right?)
Edward Scissorhands
Made of Honor
and now I'm watching
My cousin Vinny

damn, 36 sure as hell is boring on a Saturday night.

No comments: