Sunday, May 10

Driving Miss Nikky

That's what I got for Mother's Day.
My oldest son, Alex took me for a drive. My mom has been letting him practice in her truck, for the past month or so on Sundays. Today I got to ride along. Of course, I got the backseat. I felt about as old as Jessica Tandy in Driving Miss Daisy.

My SON was driving... you know, the one that just a mere short 15 Mother's Days ago was spewing rice cereal on me and shitting his pampers? Yeah, THAT son. DRIVING.

I had him drive to the local Dairy Queen and bought him a Blizzard. He did good. He's certainly not ready for real driving, but it's good practice until June when he takes Drivers Education.

We had a couple of Puppy Owner-wannabe's visit today, too. So that is always nice... they want to wait to see the 'kids' fully up and running around, see their personalities and how they interact with each other and with people.

JP and I got a ton done on the downstairs bedrooms this weekend, too. We are on schedule to drywall NEXT WEEKEND!! We even bought the flooring for Mom's bedroom. There was a sale, but there wasn't enough to do both bedrooms, so I decided to make the most of the sale price and get enough to do the bigger bedroom. We won't put down the laminate wood flooring until the walls are painted and all the trim (except the base molding) are done... less chance of damage or spills on the new floor! So for now, the new flooring will sit in the corner of the family room... a good price that was too good to pass up. It will probably be 2 to 3 weeks before it goes in, but at least when we're ready for it, we won't have to wait for the next payday to get it!

My Mother's Day was NOT relaxing, I was NOT pampered, but it was a very productive day, and I'm happy with that. Besides, I have tomorrow off work, so if I want to relax and pamper myself, I can do it then, when everyone else is at work and school... the house to myself... hell, that ALONE is relaxing!

No comments: