Sunday, May 3

Another one bites the dust!

OK, so it's not ANOTHER one, it's the FIRST one. And it's gone. And it feels amazing!
Yesterday I made the FINAL payment to our credit line. Today it showed up on my online banking accts.

On January 1 the balance of this account was $1,268.48. The Balance is now ZERO!
So now the money that had been thrown at that...my pull tab paychecks and my "left over after the mortgage payment" extra from my regular paychecks can be pooled and added to the already $200 payment going to Menards. THAT balance is just under $600 after the payment made yesterday goes through. So I doubt it will take long to kill that one either.

So then after that's gone, I add: $200 (from Menards) to the pull tabs monthly checks: $140, with the "extra after Mortgage" amounts of roughly $180 for a total of $520... ADD THAT TO the already $200 payments to the military credit card... and I will be sending them $720 PER MONTH... nice.

Balance on that sucker is (hang on, lemme grab the last month's statement)....$4189.99... not counting the $200 I sent them yesterday... so figure roughly $4000.... won't take long for $720 per month to kick that one either... ( I grabbed a calculator, figure 6 or 7 months!) even with the 9.99% interest. And THAT is the highest interest rate we are paying on all things... mortgage, truck, Discover card, student loans... 9.99% is the worst interest we have... not bad considering...

Between that and the immense job of housecleaning I did today (with the kids' help) AND the fact that I got my butt into a size 4 jeans finally AND the phone call I got this morning, my SIL has (sight unseen, mind you!) SOLD 3 of our puppies! She's got someone who wants a male, and someone else who wants TWO girls... I am feeling fine and dandy today.

Oh, and later today I am going to print out my resume and prep it for sending off... so THAT helps, too!
It's just a good day to be ME!!

No comments: