Thursday, May 21

Does Michael Vick deserve a second chance?

I saw a story on him this morning on the TV at the gym... they're discussing whether he deserves a second chance... in the NFL.

I believe that he does deserve a second chance... at being a human being.
Not in the NFL. Why? Because kids look up to NFL players, hell, ANY sports figures. I practically have to wrestle my 11 year old son down to remove his Adrian Peterson Vikings jersey once a week to wash it!

Michael Vick deserves a chance, yes... but go be an insurance salesman, work in a factory... not in the public eye where someone might think you're a great guy. Because you're not.

I watch the show "Dog Town" on NatGeo. They got some of the Vick dogs, trying to rehabilitate them, trying to save them. It rips my heart out every time I see one of them, scarred and scared, damaged beyond what we can imagine. And my heart leaps when I see one of them come back from such a dark place to become what they were meant to be... dogs. Not warriors, not disposable commodities used for income.

Michael Vick makes my stomach turn, I believe that serving time in prison is a mere pittance. I will not go so far as to say some of the things I have heard, what kind of punishment would be fitting the crime... I don't agree that two wrongs make a right. But I don't believe that he deserves to be put on a pedestal EVER again.

Go sell insurance Michael... leave the limelight to those who deserve it.

No comments: