Tuesday, September 1

First day of the rest of my life

I started my new job today.
It was nothing short of amazing! All that stuff I learned in college came flooding back (ok, some of it was " wait, I remember knowing something about this once") and it was exciting and a little scary. I remember myself in my computer classes, HATING the idea of screwing up an entry, because if I did, that would mean that I would have to go back through it, reverse journal entries, fix the booboo and then redo journal entries. I lived that today, and lived to tell the tale, nobody died, the business did not crumble around me... I fixed it, breathed a sigh of relief and moved on.

So at the end of the day today, everything was fine, everything balanced, including 2 months of bank statements. Invoices were entered, deposits are ready to go (I will drop them at the bank in the A.M. before heading to work tomorrow).

When I got done, at shortly after 4, I stopped at Mom's bar. I wanted to tell her about my day, and besides, my dear Gina was coming in shortly, and she just got a ton of great news herself, so we needed to gush a bit! Gina got engaged over the weekend (to a SUPER guy) and then this morning, she was offered the Assistant Manager position at Mom's bar.

Then after we left the bar, we grabbed JP and took him to get his opinion on a house that Mom is considering. Cute little house, great (big) fenced in back yard, some issues, but definitely the best we've looked at for her so far. So my Mom may be leaving us, but it's all good, she won't go far, but she will have something to call her own... as will I: our own homes.

So between my job, Gina's job, Gina's ring and Mom's (possible) housing options... I've decided that the three of us are THE CHARMED ONES. Yeah, that's right, everything is coming up roses for the three of us, and ya know what? Good! About time! We deserve it!

No comments: