Monday, September 14

Birthday weekend, early

So my birthday isn't until Friday, but we did fun stuff this weekend, since I have to work next Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday morning Mom and I got up and went to an auction. Such Fun! There's a buzz, a thrill... bidding on stuff. Will I get it? Will some dufus take it up over my own personal limit?
So, I didn't get anything... well, not true, I did get a pair of ramps, you know, car ramps for $6.
My mom got a complete bedroom set for a steal. It was a great day, Mom and I always seem to have a good time. And don't even get me started on the bizarre, freaky people watching. It's amazing just going to auctions to see the weirdos!

Then on Sunday, we got up early and drove down to the Cities. I won tickets to the Renaissance Festival at our county fair earlier this summer, so Mom and I went, and we took Kate and Hailey with us. Dogs are very welcome at the RenFest. We had a great day there, too. Spent a ton of money, and got a little too much sun on my shoulders, but it was SO worth it.

I have bowling tonight, first week of the season. I'm sure it will be ugly. I didn't bowl over the summer, so now I have to work on my average all over again. Probably spend all season just to get it back up to where it was at the end of last season.

***sorry, got distracted, just spent the last 5 minutes laughing silently (so as to NOT disrupt the funny) at Chloe charging herself in the mirror in my bedroom. She had the Squeekus in her mouth, and this other puppy, looking very similar to herself was challenging her... that puppy had it's own Squeekus, but was acting like it wanted to take Chloe's from her. I had to sit here on the bed shaking with laughter, not making a sound. You know that laugh, just shaking silently? Yeah, that was me... I didn't want Chloe to stop!

So yeah, bowling tonight. Ugh.
I also got a great picture for my birthday, Mom bought it for me last week. I want to get it hung up but I'm not sure where. It's a black and white photograph of a tree. An oak. A very specific oak. One from Oak Alley. You can see the house in the background, and the tree is just amazing and beautiful.

The job is great, LOVE it... the long weekends are wonderful for getting things done, and money is still good. In fact, tomorrow is my last payday from the bank. Yeah, that long for them to generate a check. AND THEY'RE A BANK. And honestly, they're not even generating checks, they're direct depositing everything. Not just for me, no employee gets a paper check. And it takes them half a month to do their payroll. My new job... I do the payroll. Pay periods end Sunday at midnight. I do payroll Tuesday morning. I print out the checks Tuesday morning. My boss signs every check by hand Tuesday morning. Checks are handed out Tuesday. If I worked on Mondays, I'd do it all then, and Mondays would be payday. But I don't, and that's ok.

My mom and my husband and my children have all noticed that my stress level and bitchiness level have both gone down incredibly. Much more peaceful household.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear you're liking the new job! Less stress, good pay ... that's a nice formula for happiness.

Have a great time at bowling - I bet your surprise yourself!

Scott from Oregon said...

Well happy 30th!!

Nikky said...

HA! 30, that's funny Scott! I vaguely remember 30...

Flat Coke and Flies said...

Happy Birthday....don't remember seeing that on other social networking sites. Hmmm....Sorry I missed it.

Glad your stress level has gone down.