Friday, December 18

nudge

got an email nudge this morning, made me remember my little blog. (Thanks Scott!)

I started this blog back when JP was deployed, and was really very good about posting on it, family updates and all, because from over in Iraq, he would read it and keep up on what we were doing back here at home without him.

After he got home, I slacked a bit, honeymoon stage, I'm sure, but also because it's hard to find time to blog. I always used to post at night before I went to bed, but I don't like to do that around him.

But I have a day off today, and so I have time alone to blog.

My mom is all moved out, she's settled in to her new house, it's a cute little house, perfect for her and her girls, Kate & Chloe.

I am really enjoying working my part time job, having Mondays and Fridays off has really come in handy, kids' appointments, grocery shopping, (CHRISTMAS shopping!) lots of different errands that I never had time for before, I can actually get done!

JP is about to retire from the Guards, he's got his 20 years in, and it's definitely time to get out, he's done a deployment to Bosnia, he did more than enough time in Iraq, and now there are whispers about Afghanistan. Before those whispers become orders, he will be out. I am very relieved.

Speaking of JP, he just called me, and now I've got an errand to run, so I better get going.

I should really try to do better with my posting...

1 comment:

Flat Coke and Flies said...

I rarely have time to blog, too. But it's okay because life is good.