Tuesday, June 23

Learning from reality

Last night I was so thrilled that 1. the Twins were not playing and 2. JP was. He plays ball on an "Old Timer's" league on Monday nights.

I was happy because those two things meant that I was able to watch Jon & Kate without interruption. Because I am a voyeuristic slave to crap like that.

But as I watched it, it just made me sad. I made it about 3/4 through it before I jumped up and grabbed my car keys. I went down to the ball field to watch my husband play ball.

I was there to support him and cheer for him. and love him. Because that's what we need to do. For each other. For us.

I hope I wasn't the only one in the country affected that way. Seeing their marriage falling apart made me look at mine. Made me know that THAT is not what I want for me. for us.

It was a small step, going down to watch him hit a line drive that looked incredible... until it went directly into the glove of the outfielder. A small step, but isn't that what life is about? Taking those steps, doing those little things, showing those you love that you love them.

Besides, he looks so good in his baseball jersey and sunglasses. very sexy.
;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good wifey. Keep it up.

honkeie said...

sometimes it takes the misery of others for us to see what we have been taking for granted.