Tuesday, September 7

am I the only one?

who wonders "is this it? is this really what my life is?"

I know it's dumb to whine that. I know that if a person doesn't particularly like something, they have the power to change it. usually. It's not even that I don't like my life, I do. I love my husband, I love my children, I love my home and pets, I even love my minivan.

But part of me still wonders if I'm missing something. No, that's not even it, I KNOW I am missing something. I just don't know what it is. How can you miss something without even knowing what you're missing? It's just a feeling, or a lack of a feeling, like a void.

I just have a had time accepting that MY life is going to consist of working hard, working long hours, just to keep my head above water, just seems like all work and no play make nik... depressed.

And the stupid thing is, I did just have an uber-fun long weekend, and there's a small glimmer of hope attached to it.

Maybe I am just impatient (not 'maybe'... I AM impatient, I admit that) maybe I would never be fully happy, maybe I'm one of those 'grass is greener' idiots who, upon getting TO the greener grass, keeps looking and longing for greener grass. It's never enough, I am just that selfish?

I have a job, and I can go to it every stinkin' day, and because of that, I can pay bills, and I can live in the home that I love. I should shut up and be happy about that, so many people don't have that... but still....

Ok, I've played my own Devil's Advocate and I've tried to stop my whiny vent, or venti whine, depending on how you look at it, I guess.
I just needed to get it out of my head so that maybe I can go to sleep tonight when I turn out the light. Because, it starts all over again tomorrow, work and earn, spend and send. lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh hell, my life is a shampoo bottle.

6 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Ummm... in a word...

nope.

Remember descartes?

He concluded "I think therefore Siam....

Then he went and got himself a Thai hooker and was happy ever after...

Anonymous said...

God!

I find that God brings meaning to my life and provides the clarity I longed for.

Nikky said...

Anonymous? Really?
I'm glad that worked for you.

I prefer to believe in and rely on things that are tangible and evident in my life. As I said, I love my family, and I love my home. They will sustain me more than any storybook character.

But thanks for the anonomous comment. (sarcasm... get it?)

Flat Coke and Flies said...

Anony isn't a regular here I take it? lol

Hope you're having a better day, and are sleeping well, too.

Anything from the writers conference ppl?

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous. And don't say you don't have intangible things in your life- is love tangible?
Don't dismiss the idea- until you know what your 'void' is x

honkeie said...

My wife went through this very recently and it almost torn us apart. I mean, hell she could have written this very post!
Dont let it go to long, address it and dont let the mabyes burn a hole in you. Because it might cause you to do something later in life you might not be able to take back.